Where we’ve been…All 48 lower…Where we are…Extensively traveling…Working and having a blast!

Where we’ve been…All 48 lower…Where we are…Extensively traveling…Working and having a blast!
LIFE IS GRAND!

Thursday, April 29, 2010

A New Perspective

It was a rough night with gusty winds howling through the area. It is always a bit nerve-racking being in a new location and not knowing what to expect from the weather and remembering where we are located can at times sooth my apprehensiveness, especially when we are not in a threatening area, which we are not.

View from our back window this morning!

Researching for what to expect with the local weather in this area or any area has been a challenge. The normal conditions, such as how windy does it normally get, how severe are the storms and do they get tornadoes? These are just some of the questions we usually have when we get to a new location. If anyone has a website they go to for this information, please send us the link.

Our site for the next few months!

In my search for finding what I am passionate about, I have discovered that I love photography, writing, music, writing music, traveling, NASCAR and so many other things, but have now discovered that there is a big difference in what I love doing and what I am passionate about.

This morning I came across an article that got my blood boiling,  “When Do You Say Something About How Another Mom Treats Her Kids in Public?”

Due to the extensive abuse I suffered as a child, I have discovered that I am very passionate about ever allowing it to happen to another child. Again, still not sure what it is I need to be doing but I now know that it has to do with children and abuse. It needs to stop.

There should not be one child on this earth that should have to endure this kind of pain. Parents are suppose to protect the children; they are suppose to teach children that this sort of behavior is not normal and children need to know that they should never tolerate it from anyone, even their parents. Yes, children need discipline but clearly that line was crossed in this and many other situations. Ridiculing, kicking, yelling, smacking, punching, shoving, and threatening harm to them are just a few absolute no-no’s when disciplining children.

It makes me ashamed to know that any adult could just stand by and do nothing while an innocent child is being abused. There are no excuses for this sort of behavior, and yes it is a fine line to walk to make sure that we do not become abusive ourselves. We all need to step up and go that extra mile to help prevent this from happening and make everyone aware that this is not normal behavior.

If I ever encounter anything close to the behavior that the author witnessed, I would like to think that I would step up and do all that I could to stop this from happening again. I also know that I do not want to wait around to see if this sort of event ever happens in my presence. There is something more that I can do today, suggestions are truly welcomed because it is time for me to share the pain that I endured as a child. Not because my parents were monsters, but because I was raised by parents who were also abused and it was all they knew.

This sort of pattern needs to stop once and for all. It is not a legacy that any generation should be proud to pass on. Let’s join together to put an end to this and please tell me that you would not be one of those adults that just stood by and watched it happen!

No comments: