Where we’ve been…All 48 lower…Where we are…Extensively traveling…Working and having a blast!

Where we’ve been…All 48 lower…Where we are…Extensively traveling…Working and having a blast!
LIFE IS GRAND!

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Finally, Some Closure!

Another Easter comes and goes without contact from our grandson and daughter but the great news is the “Order of Protection” which should not have been issued at all has now expired. So now I may contact them without breaking any laws and the possibility of being arrested. I will never know how a court allows such a travesty to happen as it did a year ago.

An “Order of Protection” is suppose to protect a person from harm, there was never any danger of that at all. It seems are laws must be reexamined when the courts allow a daughter who is evidently just angry at her mom to use them as a ploy to keep her away. I was not always the best mom but I know that I always did everything I could with what I knew at the time and when I learned more, I did more.

She has always been a person that stuffed her feelings so deep within that she always had a solid brick wall around her and didn’t allow anyone into her personal life, me included. She went through so much pain when her grandmother and favorite Uncle (the only one she ever really shared time with) died and then to lose us because we chose to travel around the United States, well it was too much for her to handle. I have always understood how she allowed this to cloud her judgment but for the courts to listen to her and put a restraining order on me forbidding me from seeing or talking to her or my grandson was totally preposterous. She continues to be angry because she feels justified when the courts allowed this to happen but now that it has expired I can begin to make this right between us.

When the laws are used for purposes not intended and then when an “Order of Protection” is truly needed and ends up being just a piece of paper that allows killers to still stalk and kill their victims there is something terribly wrong with our system and needs to be readjusted.

No comments: