Where we’ve been…All 48 lower…Where we are…Extensively traveling…Working and having a blast!

Where we’ve been…All 48 lower…Where we are…Extensively traveling…Working and having a blast!
LIFE IS GRAND!

Wednesday, March 20, 2024

I am Toast…Ruptured Achilles Tendon

I jammed my left ankle into a stupid curb located on a slope near the walk-in cooler at work that sent a boing pain up the back of my heal, then up my calf, to the back of my knee, up to my butt cheek and to my lower back. I thought it was my Sciatica acting up again, but it felt vastly different this time because most of the pain was concentrated at the back of my leg near the heal in the tendon. By self-diagnosing it to be a rupture of the Achilles tendon I thought I could work through it as I have with my pain throughout my life. After a brief time, it totally derailed me. I could not put any weight on my left leg at all, so I took some time off from work. As days passed while resting, medicating, and wearing my massaging boot, it began to feel better, so I attempted to go back to work…BIG MISTAKE!

 

Even though management was very accommodating, allowing me to do tasks that allowed me to sit more often, all it took was one silly move and the pain was once again excruciating, and again I was unable to walk on it. The pain is different now, so I know it is healing, but just not fast enough for me. We only have a month left before we begin our adventure to Montana to work the summer, so I will take more time off to heal so that I am able to get back to walking without pain before our journey begins.

 

Besides attending to my aches and pains and working, our lives have been quite boring. We need to figure out what we need to do when we return to Arizona next winter. We absolutely prefer the weather here than anywhere else, but we have “Seen it all” here in Arizona. This winter, we researched places of interest that have not been visited by us, but we could not find any. We either need to find them or find another place to hang out for the winter, which is not our preference, but neither is being this bored. 

 

We have attempted to keep ourselves busy with projects around the house, purging and rearranging, realizing that the people who designed these trailers, motorhomes are not RVers, there is so much wasted space, and some really stupid plans in place. It seems as if every little project ends up being a major one because of the strange way they put it together. Fun times!

1 comment:

Carol K said...

So sorry, Kimberly!