Where we’ve been…All 48 lower…Where we are…Extensively traveling…Working and having a blast!

Where we’ve been…All 48 lower…Where we are…Extensively traveling…Working and having a blast!
LIFE IS GRAND!

Saturday, June 18, 2016

Sundial Bridge

844 Sundial Bridge Drive
Redding, CA 96001
800-887-8532
6/18/2016


I DID IT…I DID IT...I DID IT...I DID IT!!!!!!!


For some of you it may not be frightful but for me well it was terrifying, something I had been putting off for so many years but this time there was no turning back and I was so proud of myself…Jerry was too! I even found myself enjoying the view and not having that same old insecure feeling of leaning, as if I could slide right off the edge. It was fantastic!!!




We went to Redding for one purpose and that was to walk across the Sundial Bridge. It opened in 2004 and is actually a working sundial that crosses the Sacramento River and the deck is made of glass and that is exactly what we accomplished.





Crossing over the bridge brings you to the McConnell Arboretum & Botanical Gardens which due to the time of the year and the extensive rain the night before not too much was blooming but some of the art was exquisite.










The Turtle Bay Exploration Park has so much more to offer, so if you are ever in the area make a point of stopping by and exploring. It is conveniently located right off of Interstate 5 and has ample parking for the big rigs.




For more photos, check out our Google + Web Albums.

No comments: