Sunday, June 15, 2014
Well things have just got worse then we could have ever imagined and we are so stuck and almost out of hope. Things have been going so wrong in 2014 but we kept holding on but now we are almost out of hope and prospects.
Our job was not all that it was told to us that it would be and now we have no job at all. We are not sure we were fired but we were taken off the schedule. We have had issues for weeks now and have been trying to get more hours as we were told we would have but then things got worse. All the promises were not followed through with and schedules changed all the time and then on our last days off we left as we had done before several times and spent the night away from the campground we tried texting and calling our manager to find out when our next scheduled day was and he would not reply. We called over a dozen times, left messages and sent texts but nothing. So in the meantime while we were out we found other work and was going to start immediately so we picked up our last check and went to the new job. That is once again when things got crazy and all screwed up. Seems like this campground was just purchased by a company so the hiring process was long but they offered to have us stay at the campground until the process was completed. We got to know the managers and were sure that we would have a great time finishing off the season there instead. But then we were told that the corporate office told them that we were not qualified and even though the managers fought hard we were not able to be hired. We are in shock, we have never been not qualified for any position, especially within a campground.
Anyway that is where we are left at this moment…
No job…no place to stay…less than $300 in our pockets…no credit cards…no line of credit…bills due (phone, insurance and DTV)…1/2 tank of gas…Maggie still in need of some TLC but might just make it to our next destination if she would only run on air instead of gas we could go a lot farther.
We have exhausted all of our efforts in finding work and we just want to go home…oh but wait we are home! We have found other work out west and other areas but we do not have the means to get there right now, crossing country again would take a few thousand dollars and that is without any complications from Maggie and we just do not have it at this point.
We are currently in Southern Maine still in the Scarborough area and if anyone knows of anyone that might be able to give us some work we would truly appreciate it and if you can find it available to you please add to our travel fund…we are so desperate and promise to pay it forward once we are back on our feet again.
We are able to stay at a friend’s home for a few days and then use our Coast to Coast membership to stay at a park nearby for 5 additional days which we had some points already on our card but now they are gone. The season is about to take off in this location and all campgrounds as of the first of July are highly over-priced if we could even get into any of them. We are good for a week now and we are sure that things will happen for us, they usually do but we also know from late experience that those things can be bad as well.
Anyway if you can please help us out and keep us in your prayers that we get the funds to continue on this journey we would deeply appreciate it. For the first time in a very long time we are scared that things will not turn out well for us and that has been a very hard thing for me since I tend to be the positive one but lately I do not see the light at the end of the tunnel and am really beginning to feel a hopelessness I have not felt in such a very long time.