Where we’ve been…All 48 lower…Where we are…Extensively traveling…Working and having a blast!

Where we’ve been…All 48 lower…Where we are…Extensively traveling…Working and having a blast!
LIFE IS GRAND!

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Happy Birthday Jeff!

My brother…one of the main reasons we began living our dream lifestyle sooner than we had originally planned. Because his life ended much too early, with so many regrets of not following his dreams and that promise I made to him that I would not make the same mistake.

We choose to celebrate his life, not his death.

It is so sad when a life has to end so soon because of a choice to allow the booze to control your life instead of taking charge and choosing to let it go. Allowing the alcohol to consume him as many of the Godlaski’s have done and continue to do is just not a choice we plan to make any longer. One of the main reasons we chose to quit drinking and smoking, we could not have made it this far if we still had that booze monkey hanging over our heads and dragging us down into that black hole of despair.

Jeff will always be in my heart and even now after all these years there are still moments in my day that I just want to pick up the phone and call him, to share with him…then I remember that I no longer need a phone to talk to him. I feel both him and my mom by our sides so often, we constantly find dimes from him and pennies from my mom, especially after we have said a prayer.

When I think about him, I always think about the good times we shared and not dwell on what could have been. Some folks may call that denial, I prefer to call it holding on to the good memories and releasing all the negative ones, something that is always been challenging amongst the Godlaski clan…forgive and forget. But, we are learning many new ways to live our lives without all that chaos and dysfunction, and quite frankly, it feels fantastic.

Thank you Jeff, for being a part of our lives, you will forever be in our hearts!

No comments: