Where we’ve been…All 48 lower…Where we are…Extensively traveling…Working and having a blast!

Where we’ve been…All 48 lower…Where we are…Extensively traveling…Working and having a blast!
LIFE IS GRAND!

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Our New President

Gave ourselves the day off so we could share history with our fellow Americans by watching Barack Obama’s Inauguration.

What an insightful speech, this is without a doubt the best of what is yet to come, life will never be the same. To be able to experience this in our lifetime was without a doubt one of the most miraculous moments we have ever experienced.

Being prejudice has never been a standard we live by, even though my early upbringing was the total opposite. I have always believed that everyone should be looked at for who they are and not by their race. It was always a difficult subject within our family unit and usually whenever I spoke up about my beliefs, it caused some strong family disagreements, so I usually said nothing while they continued to ridicule people solely based on their skin color. It really feels good now to be able to stand up for my own beliefs, accepting people for who they are and not allow my family’s beliefs to sway my opinion.

Does this mean, I have finally grown up? Could be!

No comments: