Where we’ve been…All 48 lower…Where we are…Extensively traveling…Working and having a blast!

Where we’ve been…All 48 lower…Where we are…Extensively traveling…Working and having a blast!
LIFE IS GRAND!

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom

This photo was taken in 1999 with my grandson, Austin...a simpler and happier time!

Celebration…is how we choose to spend this day. My mom had some wonderful gifts that she shared with this world during her time here and this can be written by each person that ever shared any time with her. Yes, as her daughter it was challenging to say the least but as so many of my friends and total strangers that met her repeatedly announced just how pleasant she was to be around…I always knew there was more to her than what I could see as her daughter.

She had a very kind heart…one that would give her last dollar to you if you asked. She was always tough and stood strong during any crisis and could always be counted on to lend an ear but you also had to be open to listen to her advice because she loved giving it to anybody and everybody. Her advice was not always what you wanted to hear but it was usually right on target…she lived a life that gave her the right to give advice of what not to do with your life. Her life had not always given her an easy way out but no matter what bumps the world gave her…she came out the other side much wiser and stronger than I could ever imagine she could be.

The one thing that finally broke her was losing her baby son…even though he was over 40, he was still her baby and when he died…the sparkle in her eyes went out. She survived just over a year after his death but within that last year of her life…I found that person that everyone else spoke about. We spent many moments talking and sharing our life’s experiences with one another as if we had never spoken before. There was a difference about her that I hold dear every moment of every day now and that is how I know she is with me today and wanting us to celebrate her life.

She is with us on our new journey and each time we go after yet another of our dreams…she is there applauding us for finally doing what she always wanted to do but never took the time to go after. During our travels…she is there creating a safety zone around us and we know she will always be there for us spiritually…anytime we need her…just as she was before she moved on.

1 comment:

Susan and Sam said...

What a lovely and touching tribute to your Mother. I will strive to cherish my own Mother of 82 years in the same manner.
I was pleasantly surprised to see my blog listed on your favorites. With your permission, I would like to do the same.
I look forward to reading all your adventures!
Susan.