Where we’ve been…All 48 lower…Where we are…Extensively traveling…Working and having a blast!

Where we’ve been…All 48 lower…Where we are…Extensively traveling…Working and having a blast!
LIFE IS GRAND!

Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Not Much Going On...


We have not been adventuring out much due to several reasons, mostly because we are both having issues with the altitude and other irritating issues.

Its been a terrible struggle just doing nothing in this altitude but to top it off I did something to my heal, which may be Plantar Fascia but for those who know us, we do not do doctors so this is a self-diagnosis and is very painful but for the past week has been improving with all the treatments we have been finding to take care of it.

Then, our allergies have been absolutely outrageous. For the past few days, I have been dealing with this over the top swollen, itchy and watery eyes symptoms that have made it hard for me to even see, let alone function at my best. 

Not so long ago, we always said how lucky we were that we never got sick, but now it seems we are magnets for all sorts of things happening. We are so ready to get off this mountain and go back to those days of not ever being sick. SOON…we are down to just a few over 40 days before we head out.

Thank goodness we are enjoying our work here, otherwise we would be totally miserable. Our work weeks go by quickly since this is an extremely busy time here. We have realized though working here with 90% cabins and only a few RV sites that there is a huge difference between cabin people and RV people, just like the difference with hotel people we encounter while doing our other work. I am working on an article that I will publish regarding these differences. It has been a very enlightening experience for us.

For now, we just wanted to let you all know that we are still here and doing well for the most part. Next week we are hoping to put some travel and sight seeing into our schedule and of course that is all subject to how we are both feeling.

4 comments:

Jack said...

If it's plantar thing, I don't do doctors much either, but I know how this hurts. What helped me was to freeze a bottle of water and roll it on the ground with my foot. Did the trick! Try refresh eye drops (OTC) for your eye. I found canned oxygen on Amazon to help with altitude sickness and a Native American Lady told me to try Rolaids. I never could find them. It's a miserable feeling. Hope you are doing better soon.

Carol K said...

I just want to mention that I take a generic Loratadine allergy pill each day. I buy them at Walmart. However, I do not live at a high altitude, so I don't know how that affects the effectiveness of allergy pills. I wish you both good health! Hang in there.

Chuck and Anneke's RV travels said...

Wow, hope you feel better soon. I have bad allergies, myself..so I get it.

Ali Workentin said...

First off, hugs to get to feeling better soon. We have also faced the issue of altitude sickness (part of why we left Utah) and allergies (the first year here in Texas Ron was so sick) and so we understand...here's to hoping you feel better soon.

I look forward to reading what you have to say about RV'rs and Cabin'rs (don't you love new words). I see a difference as well...it will be interesting to compare our observations.

Blessings to each of you!!! You can make it -- 40 or so days to go...by the way we are counting down as well...68 more days of gate guarding for us!!!

Love and hugs!!! Ali & Ron