Where we’ve been…All 48 lower…Where we are…Extensively traveling…Working and having a blast!

Where we’ve been…All 48 lower…Where we are…Extensively traveling…Working and having a blast!
LIFE IS GRAND!

Friday, February 17, 2012

Bad Vertigo Week

The weather and my Vertigo took a turn for the worse and our plans for Valentine’s Day were delayed. We thought we would delay it just for a few days but unfortunately it is not going to work out this time, but we will be heading back through this area next month and we will once again try to check off the Jet Boat to London Bridge from our Life List.

Vertigo has been a part of my life for many years but this past episode was the worst ever and no type of warning or reason for it to happen. On Monday morning upon awakening I turned my head and the rig began to spin out of control, so much so I became violently ill for about 30 minutes…and then out of it for the rest of the day.

In my lifetime I have bursted my eardrums 3 times…once when I was scuba diving, once when I got a very wicked virus and then once when I was diving in and out of our pool incorrectly. I have always had problems with the Vertigo, some episodes were pretty bad, but most were just little ones, but this was the worse episode ever and it seems as if it will never end…

It feels as if my sinuses and ears are a bit out of whack so I picked up some Clariton non-drowsy and hope that it helps. It is a terrible illness that there is absolutely no cure for and the medications only mask the symptoms, never taking it away for good and always the possibility of reoccurring without any warning at all. It is not a deadly disease, but during some of the episodes, I feel as if I would rather die. Even though I have lived with it for most of my life I have to admit that this time is the worst it has ever been and I do not like it one bit.

It takes over my life and in the past has only affected me for a few hours with each episode, but this time it has been 5 days and not getting any better. Desperate times calls for desperate measures and even though I do not like taking any sort of medications, the natural measures have not worked and I need to do something because being in this state is not where I want to be today or any day for that matter.

It feels as if my life has been in a fog all week and at 54 years old, I feel I do not have a moment to spare. I want to live like I have never lived before, I want to soar and reach all of our goals, but can't under these conditions. It is a huge effort just to get out of bed...

This too shall pass!

6 comments:

Kenny And Angela's Adventure said...

Sorry to hear this,hope things get better real soon.

Rick and Kathy Rousseau said...

Not only is it a challenge getting out of bed but it's not fun laying down with the room spinning around you. The best way to describe it is like being on an Unending Drunk.

I had a minor Concusion 20 years ago that put me in that state nonstop for 10 weeks. Almost got arrested walking into the building my doctors office was in because the officer though I was intoxicated. They didn't have anything to help you back then.

Strangely last year a virus was going around and it was back, but now they have medications that will help. The meds don't work instantly but within three to four days. This virus hit me three times within two months but has not returned since, Knock on Wood!

Talk to your doctor these pills (Novo-Betahistine)they may not be a total end to your problem but they may help.

Another thing is most people are shutting down their word verification because Blogger is just making some of the words impossible to decypher unless your eyes are perfect 20-20.

It's about time.

Carol K said...

I'm very sorry to hear about your vertigo, Kimberly. I don't have any remedies for you to try, but I hope you feel better soon!

Paul and Marti Dahl said...

Oh no! Hope you get over this and back on your feet soon. Love your positive attitude, that's have the battle.

Ali Workentin said...

Yucky...hope you get to feeling better real soon. Will definitely be praying for a good night's rest tonight and for the Vertigo to be gone, gone, gone tomorrow. Hugs my friend.

Jim and Sandie said...

I have a slight case of vertigo occasionally and it is definitely not fun. I got an ear infection that gave it to me originally and they put me on medication that helped. I haven't had any serious attack for many years. Sure hoping you are soon feeling much much better.