Where we’ve been…All 48 lower…Where we are…Extensively traveling…Working and having a blast!

Where we’ve been…All 48 lower…Where we are…Extensively traveling…Working and having a blast!
LIFE IS GRAND!

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Bay St Louis, LA to Sulphur, LA

This day was filled with detours and rerouting due to construction, traffic and houses on roads.

Apparently in Louisiana they move houses on Thursdays in the middle of the day instead of at night as most other States do. We came in contact with two houses that were being transported along the highways, the first had us crawling for over an hour behind it before we finally found a spot to turn off and connect with the Interstate. The second one was actually traveling on the eastbound side of the road but they shut the westbound side for about 15 minutes while it straddled both sides.

We also went through an area that was still totally devastated from Katrina. There was plenty of rebuilding and every home in the area had a trailer parked next to it. There were some areas that the sewer stench was so bad I am not sure how people live there. There were still trees lodged into homes, still so much debris everywhere and there were plenty that were for sale. If it were I, I would not want to go back there again.







I have been wonderings today, why do I feel I have the right to feel sorry for myself because I do not live the “Rich” life when there are people, many people who have nothing at all. I wish I could get to that place in my life where I am totally grateful for what I have instead of looking and wanting more.

Had a problem finding a decent RV Park that was a Happy Camper but finally found a nice RV Park in Sulphur, Louisiana that was a Good Sam Club member so we knew it would be a suitable place to stay.

Happy Birthday to my baby brother who passed away in the prime of his life and was one of the reasons we got out here living our dream life. I love and really miss you!

Do not forget to see our reviews at http://www.zeesource.net/maps/map.do?group=29452

No comments: