Where We've Been (46 out of 50 States)...Where We Are!

Where We've Been (46 out of 50 States)...Where We Are!
On the road again...until November 2018!

Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Our First Real Blog for 2018

Writing is just not what it used to be and I’m not exactly sure why that is. It could be because we are in a rut and keep going back to the same areas with nothing new to write about or it might be because it has always been that one thing I have always wanted to happen in our lives that just never quite made the turn. For whatever reason it is I am not going to whine about it, it is what it is and I will write when and if I choose.

Life has turned that way for us at this point, we are both a little cranky since once again we had high hopes of making things work out this year and once again our dreams and plans have fizzled. But, as usual there is always Plan B or C or D or even Z if necessary and as usual we will get through it.

We have decided not to panic and to just enjoy this moment, after all it is all we have but we are ready to make some drastic changes so that we do not put ourselves into this rut again next year but for now we just do what we can today.

We have been working Lt Blender 11 day shows at Sam’s for the past few months with 10 days off in between but it’s just not enough financially so as of this week we are picking up Chef Shamy to work at Sam’s and see how that goes. We are setting up both shows at Sam’s during the same time so that we can have twice the pay and we hope that might work out for us.

Alaska has been taken off our plans since we do not feel we can make it there and back without a whole lot more cash then what we currently are receiving and now that they shut down all those Sam’s in the area we had planned to travel we just cannot see it working out so that has gone on the back burner.

We have lined up work in Palm Desert and then Bakersfield thus far, we do not want to commit to much more until we decide whether working these 2 shows simultaneously will pay out or not. If so then we will begin booking more and possibly head towards Montana but if not we will have to possibly once again settle in somewhere for a short time. Not sure how its all going to play out, we now just learn to enjoy today and let tomorrow play out naturally. So very hard for us to do since we like to control our destiny but so far that has not worked nor has it got us to where we want to be so we are attempting this year to allow our lives to play out without our forcing any issues and we just sort of go for the ride.


Chuck and Anneke's RV travels said...

Going with the flow sounds like a plan. Hope it work outfor you!

Jerry n Kimberly Peterson said...

Thank you so much Shawn...it gave us hope that our dreams could happen...it doesn’t take much for it to all turn around! We will definitely pay your kindness and thoughtful words forward.